Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The plot thickens

Do you think that I should go into the fortune telling business? I only ask as the first synopsis of Anya's book reveals that, Lo and behold, she was abused as a child. Strange that her blog never mentioned it. Not once. Perhaps my post of August 10th (I remember now ....) was a foretelling of things to come. Or things that had passed. Was I a fly on the wall of a certain café? Or perhaps my cynicism of the whole "Homeless persons blog" is proving to be well founded. Here's a snippet: Born illegitimately to Irish lovers, Anya was given away by her real mother and brought up in England by her loving aunt. However, her childhood with her new family was far from happy - verbally and sexually abused for years, Anya finally cracked and shopped her violent uncle, resulting in his imprisonment. After his imprisonment and a few months before her twelfth birthday, Anya lost her whole family overnight. Blimey O'Reilly!! Did it really happen like that? Of course, those of a cynical nature (such as I) may hypothesise that Anya has been "cherry picking" from the selection of misery memoirs already on the market. After all, in this manufactured world we live in, it makes sense to see what's proving the hook for the book buying public and to whack a dollop of that into your own offering. In my post of September 23rd (More Misery Memoir Fakes...) I pointed out that in a faked blog, the author had been abused as a child in Ireland and had a baby which was given away. I even suggested that Anya might have to up the stakes in her own book if she was to compete. Leap forward a few short weeks and what is now revealed? We now find claims that Anya was an illegitimate child of an Irish couple who was given away as a baby as well as abused as a child !! Is it just me, or is a pattern developing here? I reckon I should get at least a credit in her book as a co-writer. You can't tell me that I don't have a regular reader in a certain jutting out kitchen somewhere in the exact middle of England.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pile of hogwash to me.

Do we really believe that Anya would go to visit her father and tell him that she was getting a book deal to reveal all about this tragic past?

HAY DADDY I AM SPLASHING OUR TRAGIC PAST IN A MISERY MEMOIR!!!! YOU WILL BE FAMOUS HOW 'BOUT THAT? CAN I HAVE A PONY NOW?

Yeah right.

Sounds like a 10 part "Bella" special to me.

Anonymous said...

But I'm very confused now. Where does this leave the heartwarming tale of her Dad driving her to boarding school and leaving her there without a pony?
If it was her abusive uncle then she has only just just visited him in Ireland. If it was her Dad then he didn't so much abandon her as, err, take her to school. And who was the one reading her fucking poetry if she was illegitimate and packed off to England?
What annoys me most about this bollocks is the scam is so bloody transparent and the internal inconsistencies of her story so apparent.

Anonymous said...

Wikipedia has been updated. How is Anya allegedly from Leamington Spa? Where was this fact gleaned from?