Thursday, May 18, 2006

An Agent? Moi?

Now that WS has finally admitted that there is (apparently) a book deal, some people have been asking if she has an agent. Surprisingly, WS admited that she engaged the services of an agent "straight after the BBConline interview" which was on 24th April but strangely, her blog entries from that point until May 18th make no mention of this. Following the BBC interview, there was an upturn in the number of visitors (and comment leavers) on her site, quite a few of whom questioned the whole integrity of the situation and whether it was indeed some prelude to being exposed as a project. The very next day she posts " I haven't got publishers etc knocking on my car door". This may be true but then again there's no mention of her newly acquired agent. Indeed, she reassures her legions of adoring fans "This is how I write to myself in private. I didn't write it for you and I didn't write it for the media, I wrote it mostly for myself, and to myself. I was sorting out my own head. Uh Oh.. could someone be telling porkies? Did her agent like her flowery Mills & Boon style and was going to get her to write something in that vein or was she thinking that there could be a book about a homeless woman and her blog that has touched so many? WS reassures her fans by stating "this is my blog where I come to write about it (my situation), and this situation is really tough for me". Uhuh .... Lots of homeless people share your predicament. Next time I see one I'll ask him/her how their book project is coming along and what their agent is doing for them.

No comments: