Sunday, March 11, 2007

Kiss me, I'm Irish (and homeless)

With St Patrick's day looming large on the horizon, perhaps we may see a post from Anya going on about her Irish roots.
After all, it would be a shame to miss out on an opportunity to "big up her book" regardless of how scant the link.

I do hope she writes in character .............

Well now, oi wuz sitting here in da auld jutty out kitchen de udder day, tinking about when oi wuz homless back in da auld country.
One day oi wuz sitting under one of dem dere big sticky tings (ya know, with all dem leaves an tings on 'em) and tinking to meself "Wouldn't it be grand to have a motor car to live in" when all of a sudden, up pops a bloody leprechaun.
Well Jaysus, oi nearly shat meself but he wuz a friendly wee fella and granted me wish and gave me a clapped out auld car to keep me white pudding and shelalagh in.
Twas a grand Motor car too and oi thought to meself "Oi'm off to London to seek me fame and fortune" so off I goes and manages to foind some laneway to park in.
"Ahh Jeez this is grand " oi'm tinking "but how do I get the fame and fortune bit?"
After a while it comes to me.
"Oi'll write about me journey here and about the wee fairies that come dancing around me motor car at noight when oi've had a wee dram of the potcheen oi keep in the boot. Ahh Jaysus, oi moight even tell 'em how I talk to the trees loike that wee fella from it ain't half hot mum".

And the rest is history .......

3 comments:

Wobblingscruffbag said...

"And the rest is history ....... "

But the stream of lies and fantasies that make up the con artists book could hardly be truly called herstory, now could it?

wanderingScribe said...

This is true.

Maybe that's why some booksellers categorize it as "Fiction" as opposed to (auto)bigraphical.
Not long now till we get the chance to queue outside Waterstones to get the first copies, eh chums.

I'm sure many of Anya's fans will be camping out in bookstore doorways overnight soon to be assured of being one of the first to get a copy.
Naturally they'll be depriving genuine homeless people of a comfy spot to bed down but then again, what's their loss when compared against that which was suffered by one of Art's greatest living treasures since the bloke that wrote "Where's Waldo" !!

Hugly Hug hug Hugginess .........

Dame Anya O'Peters (I'm Irish you know)

Midnight Sunbeam said...

Wow ! Can I have a wee slug 'o' that potcheen please?

Love the Irish accent!