Sunday, March 18, 2007

And the award for best blog about a blog goes to .....

As eagle eyed viewers will be aware, my humble foray into blogging has been nominated for an award in the New Media Awards run by New Statesman.

This is the very same awards scheme that Anya herself was so proud about being nominated for last year (which is sooooo last year!).
My thanks to the peeps who took the time to nominate this blog and to all of you who go there and leave messages of support.
There's a certain feeling of irony that this blog about one of last years nominated blogs is now a nominee itself.

Naturally I won't win.

Other blogs nominated so far include far worthier causes where people are trying to promote awareness of issues that affect many lives, usually in a bad way.
All this blog is trying to do is raise awareness of one persons self promotion scheme that suckered in feeble minded sheep who don't have the ability to think for themselves.

I try.
Lord knows I try.
I try by pointing out the obvious discrepancies and faults in logic that ws posts and attempting to do so in a humorous and entertaining way (after all, we all need a chuckle throughout the day) but I guess some people just want to believe any old tosh.

After all, they read it on t'internet so it must be true, right!

So good luck to the other nominated blogs and web sites in the 2007 New Media Awards.

Ones such as:

"Save The Ribble"
You could do your bit by popping down and collecting jam jars full of it and storing them in your garden shed for generations to come to enjoy.

"Headliners"
A group who want to bring back the art of placing a pudding bowl on your head as a guide for hair cuts (I think).

"Intelligent Giving"
Obviously anyone who bunged some dosh at Anya's Paypal account won't understand this concept.

3 comments:

Midnight Sunbeam said...

Despite the irony, and the fact that I've just polished off 12 points 'o' coider, I still find this bitter untwisted blog a joy to behold.

I seethe and be noisy with activity, and might well be in an emotionally agitated state, and boil vigorously, and form bubbles... I spurt forth this....

This blog about a blog nomination, is the best blog about a blog nomination I've ever set my pretty eyes upon!

Power to you blog bloggers is what I say!

Midnight Sunbeam said...

Please read the former post as though it had a comma just after the word seethe.

Thankyou

Midnight Sunbeam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.